|Salary Range:||Based on years of experience and education.|
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD
Join our team and be a part of the mission that supports the Department of Veterans affairs (VA) with IT technical expertise. This position is one of many that provide delivery and technical support to One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost effective information technology services. VA depends on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) systems to meet mission goals and in support of those goals EO is constantly transforming.
Project Manager skills, knowledge and abilities:
Project Manager (PM) must have experience managing Information Technology and Physical Infrastructure related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify and mitigate risks.
v Experience managing information technology and physical infrastructure projects in a data center.
v On the ground expert
v Assist with capacity planning
v Exercise infrastructure best practices
v Manage the contractor installation teams
v Manage the IT equipment owner while facilities resources replace computer room raised floor
v Self-motivated and assertive
v Ability to set priorities and adapt to changes in a quick and professional manner.
v Excellent oral and written communication skills;
v Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at every level
v Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
v Strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
Project Manager JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Management (PM) Support
This Project Management (PM) position provides IT project management support for various SDE EO projects and subprojects. The PM will expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects. The PM shall assist in managing assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. The PM shall ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
· Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution, and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
· Follow VA and SDE EO standards and procedures for Project Management.
· Assist in developing formal project charters as required by the SDE EO Program Manager.
· Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
· Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
· Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
· Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project
· Coordinate activities with existing SDE EO customers.
· Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
· Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project.
· PM shall develop Project Schedules that are deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project.
· All project plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
· Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule,
· and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
· Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
· Apprise EO management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
· Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status, utilizing the latest SDE EO Project Management tools.
· Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives.
· All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
· Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
· Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
· The PM shall utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality objectives without requiring assistance from others.
· All documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM prior to any implementation or changes.
· Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those artifacts mandated by VA and SDE EO standards.
· Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
· Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
· Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
· Assist in developing estimates for project’s effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the specific application.
· Notify all affected groups of approved changes to commitments.
· Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
· Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight activities.
pROJECT Manager Education REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific /technical discipline PLUS 10 years of experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.