|Location:||Canyon Lake, TX|
Canyon Lake Texas
Semper Valens Solutions is seeking a Contracting Specialist for the company's corporate office. This position requires a professional and adaptive individual that will represent the company well and provide high functioning service.
Contracting Specialist Duties:
The Contracting Specialist position is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of NDA’s and TA’s, preparation of RFP packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract administration and closeout activities.
Contracting Specialist Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in contracting, acquisition, or related field;
· At least two years of experience in professional procurement and contracting. Three additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
· Experience with Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts
· Experience in coordinating Non-Disclosure Agreements/Teaming Agreements/SubcontractsTo include Terms and Conditions
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be willing to work independently, as well as in teams and committees.
· Must be comfortable communicating and presenting data and insights to executives.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experienced with reviewing DoD contracts.
· Experience interpreting DoD contracts and modeling financial impact of contract changes (with analyst support).
· Former experience as Contracting Officer Representative, Contract Specialist or Contracting Officer
Contracting Specialist Required Skills:
Strong organizational skills; ability to effectively communicate orally; proficiency in technical editing and grammar to draft documentation, including the ability to edit and proofread; working or functional knowledge of computer office suites, e.g., MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Project).
· Financial Management.
· Technical Capacity.
· Business Acumen.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Ethical Conduct.
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Strategic Thinking.
Must be able to demonstrate a professional demeanor.
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a Service
Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective
Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle
Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.