System Administrator, Sr.
In the Pentagon
Join our Defense Readiness Reporting System–Army (DRRS-A) team. Help support the system that is the corner stone of supporting Army’s flow of information.
System Administrator Responsibilities:
· Deploy, configure, and maintain the systems needed to support the delivery of complex, dynamic cyber training. Typical system deployments include Windows predominately within a virtualized environment.
· Validating operating system patches and hotfixes are kept up-to-date.
· Work with government resources to maintain compliance with security requirements.
· Perform systems administration, maintenance, and engineering (Windows, Red Hat, CentOS).
· Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
· Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
· Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation.
· Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedure.
· Complete day to day Operations and Maintenance tasks.
· Perform operating system software upgrades and patches.
· Perform technical evaluations, analysis and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to help desk tickets including, server failures, full systems outages and troubleshooting.
· Assist in server maintenance and special projects.
· Assess server loads and work with Technical Leads on developing tuning recommendations.
System Administrator Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
· Advanced degree is desirable, minimum 5 Yrs experience with configuring and managing virtualized server environments ensuring server load balancing and hot failover procedures.
· Knowledge of VmWare vSphere, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
· Knowledge/Experience with HTML, CSS, SQL, and PKI/PKE highly desirable.
· Knowledge of Army Readiness Reporting, Force Management, Force Projection, Global Force Management, Enterprise Messaging, Joint Command and Control, and/or Global Information Grid requirements and policies desirable.
· Certified Security+ CE
Clearance Requirement: This position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation.
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a Service
Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective
Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle
Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.