|Location:||Sierra Vista, AZ|
Join our DCGS-A engineering and sustainment services v3 sustainment team. The v3 sustainment team provides the SEC all system specific necessary functions to complete their critical PM DCGS-A sustainment support activities. Types of support provided by the team include Engineering Management, Scrum Management, Test/Quality Assurance Engineering (T/QAE), and Technical Writing.
The team supports all system specific development areas inside the Distributed Common Ground Station-Army v3 baseline including the following types of artifact solution development: Architecture, Infrastructure, Software, Database, Web, and Software. Solution development occurs within the SEC PPSS software development lifecycle. Additionally, the team is responsible for communicating with field support elements to resolve critical issues in a timely and effective manner. As a part of this team, your work efforts will contribute to the maintenance of the mixed-use data centers and standalone development environments supporting integrations, testing, and cyber security of the DCGS-A family of products. Bottom line we build, implement, and maintain software tools and system environments used for delivering new IT solutions to the U.S. Army.
As a DCGS-A v3 System Engineer, you will work as a system specific subject matter expert for the DCGS-A v3 systems under sustainment. You must communicate and collaborate to resolve issues with Field Support Engineers, the Development support team, and PM to further evolve the DCGS-A v3 systems development environments. Specifically, you will:
· Load and configure baselines, train current software baselines, assist with hardware evaluations, as well as evaluations of new developed software prior to formal IV&V testing.
· Assist the system specific development teams with loading of software baselines on current and future hardware.
· Support the transition of software and hardware environments from the PM to the Depot.
· Provide IaaS and PaaS support for the Fixed system development organization
· Operate in a hybrid virtualization environment working with VMware ESXi, vCloud, and standalone systems,
· Enhance existing automation environments and streamline provisioning.
· Maintain and monitor hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, blade compute, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
· Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure
· Assist in research, selection and implementation of virtualization and storage solutions
· Assist the system specific development teams with the development of documentation for software installs on multiple hardware baselines and provide back to the lab manager
SYSTEM ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
· A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 3 years of professional work experience is required (10 total years of experience without the degree)
· Demonstrated experience working in a virtualized DoD environment
· In-depth working knowledge of Fixed supporting operating systems (Microsoft Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, RH Linux, others)
· Knowledge of Microsoft common services and existing within a Microsoft environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, and network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX)
· Experience in scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.)
· Experience in creating technical documentation
· Working knowledge of storage systems and automation
· Must be self-starter, willing to take complete ownership of complex technical problems
· Should be able to think clearly and articulate with appropriate level of abstraction his/her thought process on complex technological issues
· Understanding of CISCO networking technologies
· DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified (baseline security certification i.e. CompTIA Security+ce) and (technical computing environment training or certification i.e. Server+) prior to start of work
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc.
is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost
Effective Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full
Life cycle Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.