- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windows networks/systems.
- Must be capable of managing servers which typically involves installing and upgrading servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems.
- Must provide the essential IT support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network. Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log.
- Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware.
- Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers.