|Location:||Canyon Lake, TX|
Canyon Lake Texas
Semper Valens Solutions is seeking a Contracting Specialist for the company's corporate office. This positionrequires a professional and adaptive individual that will represent the companywell and provide high functioning service.
The ContractingSpecialist position is responsible for activities that span theentire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of NDA’sand TA’s, preparation of RFP packages to subcontractors, evaluation ofsubcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions,subcontract administration and closeout activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in contracting,acquisition, or related field;
· At least two years of experience inprofessional procurement and contracting. Three additional years of experience may besubstituted for a degree.
· Experiencewith Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material(T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level ofEffort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts
· Experience in coordinating Non-DisclosureAgreements/Teaming Agreements/SubcontractsTo include Terms and Conditions
· Musthave excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Mustbe willing to work independently, as well as in teams and committees.
· Must be comfortable communicatingand presenting data and insights to executives.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experienced with reviewing DoDcontracts.
· Experience interpreting DoDcontracts and modeling financial impact of contract changes (with analystsupport).
· Former experience as ContractingOfficer Representative, Contract Specialist or Contracting Officer
ContractingSpecialist Required Skills:
Strong organizationalskills; ability to effectively communicate orally; proficiency in technicalediting and grammar to draft documentation, including the ability to edit andproofread; working or functional knowledge of computer office suites, e.g., MSOffice Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Project).
· Financial Management.
· Technical Capacity.
· Business Acumen.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Ethical Conduct.
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Strategic Thinking.
Must be able to demonstratea professional demeanor.
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a ServiceDisabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost EffectiveSoftware and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycleSupport Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, ourvision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutionsprovider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technologyexcellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutionshelp bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimizebudgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstandingtechnical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum;intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions isan Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions,proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do notdiscriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or relatedconditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as aDisabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or CampaignBadge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
If you require areasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutionsthrough its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens SolutionsHuman Resources Department at (520) 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions isan affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females,disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rightsunder Federal Employment Laws.