|Location:||Sierra Vista, AZ|
Software Developer JRY
Our DCGS-A engineering and sustainment services team is looking for a Software Engineer for the CHARCS team. This group designs, codes, analyzes and modifies robust, secure, high-availability software to handle data for DoD intelligence data presentation needs as specified by user requirements and DoD regulations. Software development is a great direction for a career plan and being a part of this team has longevity.
Software Developer Qualifications:
· A bachelor's degree specifically in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 3 years of professional work experience (6 total years of experience without degree).
· Experience in UNIX / Linux coding (preferably Solaris), including compiled languages such as C#, C, C++, and Java, and object-oriented methodologies.
· DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified--baseline security certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+ CE) and technical computing environment training or certification (e.g. Server+) prior to start of work.
· Secret Clearance Required. TS/SCI Eligibility needed based on final work assignment.
Software Developer Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan the translation of software requirements into functioning code by assessing and communicating recommendations, level of effort and risks
· Evaluate and recommend architectural approaches to the whole system, to include hardware platforms, operating systems and communications and storage technologies on which to base future development and fielding cycles
· Implement new and modify existing functionality, interfaces, and workflows
· Code individually and collaboratively in a team environment, adhering to team coding standards and best industry practices
· Create documentation of software, systems and solutions for multiple audiences (e.g., internal development engineers, testers, managers and end users)
· Troubleshoot and provide resolution of problems reported against the system by testers and users
· Test system and software performance throughout the entirety of the development cycle
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a
Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective
Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle
Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.