|Location:||Ft. Bragg, NC|
2019-58437 - I2TSIII-0356 Level 2
Ft. Bragg, NC
Join the team that operates and maintains the information technology networks for the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Ensure and support the INSCOM mission through ensuring reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of the customer’s need.
Installation Specialist Task:
• Conducts hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design.
• Makes recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements.
• Provides installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status.
• Plans, builds, and installs cable patch panels and cable infrastructures.
• Installs and terminates all types of standard IT cable and fiber.
• Provides equipment rack installation and equipment installations within a variety of locations that includes, but is not limited to, data centers, equipment rooms, communications closets, operations centers, and user workspaces.
Installation Specialist Qualifications:
Skills and Tasks. Complex - develops new concepts and processes. Analyzes root causes and resolves issues. Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
Leadership/Management. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team.
Guidance. Requires guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers only when dealing with new, uncertain situations. Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and additional Requirements.
Current TS/SCI clearance.
Certifications: IAT II or equivalent: Sec+ CE, Computing Environment - CCENT
Education and Experience.
HS/GED + 8 years
Associates Degree + 6 years
Bachelor’s Degree + 4 years
Master’s Degree + 2 years
PhD + 0 years