The qualified candidate will be responsible to provide information assurance (IA) oversight, guidance, and support in accordance with the requirements of the program office at the government site, provide recommendations to the government, and execute in accordance with DoD, DA, and client IA policy. The qualified candidate will work as an Army IASO, IAM, or IAT, including the application of IA policy to acquisition programs.
Candidate should know the process and timelines associated with vetting security relevant changes through both INSCOM and PEO IEW&S channels. Due to classification of the required IA databases candidate should have active NSANet and SIPRNet user accounts with access to both Xacta and eMASS.
- Support defined IA and Assess and Authorize (A&A) activities, to include document System Security Plan (SSP) and other supporting documentation development/review, System Vulnerability Assessments, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) planning, execution and data collection, test data reduction and analysis, and residual risk assessment reporting necessary to support system accreditation.
- Support SIPRNet accreditation packages through the RMF process ensuring timely receipt of Authority To Operate (ATO) documentation. Coordinate and participate in technical interchange meetings, configuration control boards and accreditation working groups.
- Create and track all IA tasks using tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Provide technical guidance focused on information security architecture.
- Perform security research, analysis, and design for assigned client computing systems and the network infrastructure.
- Evaluate security posture impacts on all architecture changes. Monitor trends in information technology and security that could have an impact on the security of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers.
- Complete/Update Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM). Maintain accreditations during the continuous monitoring stages of RMF.
- Ensure patch/vulnerability management tracking and compliance is implemented/maintained.
- Develop and conduct periodic reviews of program protection and IA documentation; including Program Protection Plans, Critical Program Information, Security Classification Guides, along with Anti-Tamper plans to ensure proper depth and documentation associated with acquisition regulation, DoD, and ARMY guidance.
- Attend regular classified security categorization and system IPT meetings.
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or closely related field
- Ten years related cybersecurity experience
- In accordance with DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II training/certification requirements personnel must have one of the following baseline certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
- CISSP™ Certification
- Active DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance with CI Poly
- Knowledge and Experience using Risk Management Framework (RMF) as defined in NIST 800 series publications
- Trained and experienced in eMASS(SIPR), including active SIPR and eMASS accounts
- Trained and experienced in Xacta (NSANet), including active NSANet SID and Xacta accounts
- Trained and experienced in eMASS(JWICS), including active JWICS and eMASS accounts
- Knowledge and Experience with the following information security requirement documents/regulations: DoD 8510.01, ICD 503, NIST publication series (Series 800-53, 53A, 37 etc), CNSS 1253, NSA/CSSM 130-1, AR 380-5, AR 25-2, ICD 705 as well as other applicable policies
- Experience with vetting both initial and reauthorization NSANet cybersecurity packages through INSCOM leveraging RMF processes, including creating, compiling, and inputting data/artifacts into the Xacta database on NSANet.
- Experience vetting both initial and reauthorization SIPRNet cybersecurity packages through PEO IEWS leveraging RMF processes including creating, compiling, and inputting data/artifacts into the eMASS database on SIPRNet.
- Experience using MS Project to create schedules containing all IA tasks, and track progress and completion of those tasks
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with various government agencies such as PEO IEW&S, INSCOM, NSA, Unit Commanders etc; both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle Support Management to the DOD community. At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost-effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes. We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 263-4577.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.